2012 Reno Camp
The annual Reno Camp for the Junior Varsity and the Varsity players will be from Saturday June 9 - Wednesday June 13, 2012.
For the 2012 Registration Form click here.
Final Payment & Forms Overdue
If you haven't turned in your final Reno payment and forms (Wolfpack Camp Rules & University of Nevada Emergency Form), please do so ASAP. Total due is $600 ($100 deposit and $500 balance).
DEPARTURE: Saturday, June 9th, 9:00 a.m. ** ARRIVE by 8:30 **
Players arrive at the Emeryville Amtrak station located at 5885 Horton Street in Emeryville NO LATER than 8:30 to ensure ticket dissemination and check-in of players and luggage for our very large group.
Travel attire: Players should wear their Campo Football collared shirt and Coach Macy requests that they wear long slacks (not jeans) if possible. They can bring shorts (no athletic shorts) to change into on the train before arriving in Reno.
RETURN: Wednesday, June 13th, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Luxury buses depart Reno at approx 10:00am and return to Campo back parking lot between 1:00 & 2:00pm.
What to Pack
- Lunch and drink for the train ride
- Photo ID (school ID is fine)
- Sleeping bag/bedding (pillow strapped to backpack for train/bus ride to UNR comes in handy)
- Equipment (cleats, running shoes, mouth gaurd and gear bag with gear!)
- Toiletries (bath towel, wash cloth, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, chapstick, shampoo, etc.)
- Clothing (socks, under garments, shorts, t-shirts, sandals to wear in shower, underarmour shirt in case it is cold this year, extra sweatshirt and jeans for evening)
- Doorstop for ventilation and access to dorm rooms
- Key keeper
- Spending money ($50 - $100 for between meal snacks, souvenirs, other incidentals) See note below about new Cash Card for this year.
- Optional: nutrition bar type snacks, gatorade powder to mix with water, reusable water bottle (apparently water in dorms doesn't taste great), cereal and disposable bowls/spoons.
- Note: Everything should fit in your equipment bag and one carry on back pack. Coaches will be making nightly runs to local Reno Rite-Aid for any missing, forgotten, or "got to have it" items (gatorade, more boxes of cereal...)
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE WARNING: Absolutely no music listening devices allowed during train or bus travel... no headphones, no music, no games. This is team time. Players assume all liability for phones/ipods brought to camp.
The following information was provided by the Wolf Pack Camp. Since we haven't used this program before we're not exactly sure how it works, but it is surely something some of the guys will want to try out:
A new addition to this year's camp is the Wolf Pack Cash Card. In past years it has been difficult to make sure the campers eat enough to get them through the camp. With dinner being at 4:30 and only small snack items available in the dorms after hours many of the campers were trying to order pizzas, etc. from outside vendors for delivery after coming back from evening practice. Our solution is the Cash Card. For $20 each camper can purchase a card that they can use as cash to order pizzas and drinks to pick up after the evening practice each day. Any money not used will be refunded on the last night of camp. Pizzas will be $10 and drinks will be $1-2 based on size, and they will be available to pick-up as the campers are returning to the dorms each evening. This is an optional expense that provides an opportunity for players to get an additional meal at the best price while not asking players to keep track of cash during camp.